The Eliteam Olympics brings out the best in our campers. They all may not have their best run, but they compete fiercely and give it their all. Some moments that jumped out at me during yesterday's competition:
– After falling short at the sandpits with two tough crashes, it all came together for Zack in the SL with an outstanding race run. His eyes were focused on the gates ahead while his legs and feet were a blur of motion and precision.
– Kelsey's focus and determination as she demonstrated how to conquer the Vertical Playpen in front of the entire crowd. I don't think any parents were breathing, but the campers were cheering as she climbed her way onto the swinging log 45 feet above the ground. The Disco moves thrown in at the end were a bonus.
– Jimmy's precision and coordination on the swinging tires to arrive at the other platform without missing a beat. Then after a quick swing, he was off and around the tree to tag his partner in a flash.
– Linna's guts and perseverance on the Berg Und Tal with a hurting knee. She focused on the task, put away the pain and had a great run around the Austrian Agility Machine.
– And finally, a round of applause to the campers that crashed, fell, and tripped up during their run, but got up, brushed it off and finished strong (as the t-Shirt says).
Another successful camp is in the books, and the entire staff would like to congratulate all the campers for their 100% commitment to working hard, learning a ton, and having fun. Great job this week and good luck on the slopes this winter.