DAILY DOSE OF DOUG-
There is something about this group. They seem to push each other to new heights. Today, after 23 years of doing this, I saw something I have never seen. Reed got it in his head to push his limits in the Ropes Course, so along with his group they came up with the idea that he carry a tire up the Tightrope traverse, and he agreed. It was not easy and he almost quit three times along the way. He ended up pretty dirty and spent, but successful… so of course the other campers in his group had to try as well. There is nothing a motivated young athlete can’t do, and we have 57 of them this week!
It was a hot one today so we decided to hike down to the river and cool off. Of course we said it was Thermo therapy to work out the sore muscles, but the campers could not wait to play in the cool water. And of course these campers had to add an ELITEAM twist and do water Burpees, or as someone said “Slurpees”. The video is posted on Facebook and Instagram. Hilarious, creative, and helps our Burpee total!!! We are now at 86,400.
MEMORABLE MOMENTS from the Staff-
– Once everyone got a hang of the Berg: rhythm; stance; form; technique; we slowed it down to work on rhythm as a team! We got up to 6 at once on the Berg all jumping in unison! Team work and communication at it’s finest!
– Taylor and Molly worked hard on and off the Berg! While waiting they took the initiative to do extra box jumps to work on those Berg motions.
– A new burpee was created today as the girls of ELITEAM did “Underwater Burpees”. Unheard of until today, 07/28/15!
– Alex B. sprinting up and down the slalom hill because her wrist restricted her from running the course. Great work and attitude Alex!
– Watching Lydia carry coach Devon to the top of the dangle duo.
– Lydia and Alice pushed themselves on the Tango element by doing push-ups to finish it off.
– Elsa and Grace literally jumped out of their comfort zones by doing tuck jumps and splits while up on the Tango.
– Alli Mes. made it through the Tango even when it brought her to tears. She went out and back, and as soon as her feet hit the ground, she had a huge smile!
– It was awesome seeing Cha and Annie using perfect Tango dance form 25 ft in the air on the Tango part of the ropes course not only once, but twice! They even went blindfolded all the way up, across, and down the second time.
– On a surprise return visit to ELITEAM, past camper Will Colomb went up the Tango with Isak and had the smile of a kid who was remembering all the great times he had as a camper, which was awesome to see.
– Today’s most memorable moment was the impromptu swim in the river that the campers took after a long, hot, awesome day of working out. As if their legs weren’t tired enough from the leg routine, Elsa, Haley, and Grace led the girls in some very coordinated under water burpees.
– It was awesome seeing the campers push themselves in the leg routine. It is truly one of the most testing workouts at Eliteam as it is constant quad burning up a steep hill. All the campers accomplished it with smiles and a positive energy that was contagious.
What did you learn about yourself today?
Ben – The relaxation session at the end of the day. I can relax!
Seth – That I can push myself harder than I thought.
Win – That when I push my limits I learn a lot about myself.
Justin – That I am not afraid of heights.
Cha – That I can do the complete Ropes Course blindfolded.
What was the best part of your day? Why?
Morgan – The slalom course and the Ropes Course. Speed and height.
Ben D – The Slalom Course because I got a 5.35 on it and I know that is pretty good.
Seth – The Ropes Course by far. It was great to #jump out of your comfort zone and try something cool on the World Cup tightrope.
Win – Climbing the Vertical Playpen blindfolded.
Justin – The river sit because it instantly cooled me off.
Cha – Le Berg and Le Ropes because I crushed in both.
If you could tell your Mom one thing right now, what would it be?
Morgan – I am having fun. PS: I forgot my book.
Ben – I would tell her not to take me from this place.
Seth – I miss you and can’t wait to see you.
Justin – Hi Mom. I gotta do this again next year!!
Cha – I am missing you and the fan.