Today at ELITEAM…
We challenged ourselves to 500 burpees! Today our focus was “Tougher” and it was definitely a tough day. Combining 500 burpees with a 4 hour Adventure Hike made for some serious sweat, grit and dig deep moments. But as Harry remarked, “Isn’t that what we’re here for? To challenge ourselves!!” But it wouldn’t be ELITEAM without a dose of fun added in too. Along the way each team built a cairn, composed a poem, chatted, laughed, and encouraged each other to reach the top. When we finally hit the summit, the view was spectacular and lunch never tasted so good. And when it was time to leave, the chairlift ride down was just the reward we all needed for our hard work and sore legs.
When we returned home, it was siesta time. We all chilled for an hour to rest and rejuvenate for our late afternoon activities of Inline Skating and a Soccer Tournament.
The range of skill was large on the In-line skates, but all of the campers improved a ton. We started with the basics, but ended with Pole Jumpers and uphill sprints. A big thanks to Rollerblade for sponsoring the camp with 25 pairs of skates. Rollerblade also gave us a coupon number for every family for a discount on skates!
By the way, we’ve been making our beds every morning. In 27 years, the ELITEAM dorms have never looked so good! The girls dorm won the bed-making competition yesterday, but the boys had a strong comeback this morning, so it’s now tied up 1-1. Both dorms will need to up their game tomorrow. The judges are looking for tight sheets, no wrinkles, hospital corners, fluffy pillows and blankets folded neatly at the base of the bed. The little things matter.
ELITEAM Poem from Molly & Morgan’s Group-
We love doing burpees all day,
Afterwards dodgeball we play.
After burpees we feel tight,
But we are tough campers so we put up a fight.
When we go hiking we come packing,
So we can do lots of snacking.
We feel sore in our core,
When we are tired we go for more.
Yoga we find so relaxing,
But the hike is really taxing.
After dinner we get to rest,
Which we find to be the best!
ELITEAM Poem from Devon, Jake & Jose’s Group-
On grass we step.
On rocks we run.
At Eliteam we rep.
We’re almost halfway done.
Eliteam is our clan.
Behold the alpine sun.
Through the obstacle course we ran.
Toughter stronger fitter faster we will become.
Your top 3 moments on the hike and why?
– The chairlift ride it was relaxing and fun, I liked the view.
– The trail at the top with all of the rocks. It was fun and there were lots of fun trees to duck/climb and rocks to climb.
– The view was amazing!!!!!!
– The feeling of success when we got to the top and saw the view, because the hike was tough but worth it.
– Knocking off another 200 or so burpees because even though they were 10x harder during the hike, it’s still progress.
– Riding the chair down, completely exhausted but also satisfied because it was a great hike.
– The top because we saw how far we hiked and seeing the view.
– Writing the poems because we had a lot of fun coming up with rhymes.
– Going down the chairlift because we saw the view and exactly where we walked and saw our paths.
– The top because of the great view and being able to rest.
– The woods part and going to see the view on the other side.
– Last it was making a poem because it was fun making stuff up and having fun.
– At the top because of the view.
– Going up because it was fun.
– Reading our poem because we did it well.
– Writing our poems for the poem contest. (I think my team won.)
– Getting to the top of the mountain, because I felt good about myself even though I was sore and chaffed.
– Going down on the chairlift.
– Ski lift because I could not hike anymore.
– Lunch because it tasted really good.
– The view because the scenery was amazing.
– Riding the lift down because my feet hurt.
– Eating at the top because I was hungry.
– Reciting our poems because ours was the best.
– Hiking out through the woods to the highest peak. I enjoyed the view from it and the rock hut.
– I also liked making our poem because we had to be creative and it turned out well.
– Taking the lift down was fun because you could see all of Sugarbush and we could see what we hiked.
– Riding down the chairlift because it was a great reward getting to the top.
– Getting to the top because of the view.
– Lunch because I was starving when we got to the top.
– Getting to the top of the mountain because I got a rush that I was done. It was also colder at the top so it was refreshing!
– Hiking over to Abe’s Peak because the hike was more interesting. I also liked it because the view from the top was amazing.
– The chairlift ride down because we were actually done after that. It was also very invigorating!
What did your group do well today?
Caitlin S- I had lots of grit and I didn’t quit.
Sophia S- I think our group did a very good job pacing ourselves!
Brayden W- We did well sticking as a group and getting along together as a group!!
Kristina P- Working together.
Jabes G- We had a hilarious conversation going almost the whole time, we all worked hard and made good time.
Sam L- My group was really good at motivating me, again because I was sore.
Liam V- Kept pushing until the end.
Ben R- Our group made the best poem today.
Harry W- We kept at a good pace and we worked together creating our poem and carrying the water jugs.
Will S- My group did well with burpees because we did them spaced out in sets of 10.
Reilly K- We moved pretty swiftly on the hike and caught up to the group in front of us multiple times. We also had a fantastic time doing it!